Sign up for Paperless Billing
by May 31, 2019
You’ll be entered in a draw to
win 1 of 5 Fitbit Charge 3 Fitness Trackers.
We’ll also donate $10 to NEO Kids Foundation
for every sign up.
The cost of electricity has been a “hot” political topic, and rightly so, as costs continue to climb. Greater Sudbury Hydro controls only the “distribution rate”, which is part of the “delivery charge” line of your bill. The rest of the charges are collected by Greater Sudbury Hydro on behalf of other agencies, and flow through to those agencies; they do not remain with Greater Sudbury Hydro.
Our goal is to provide the service levels demanded by our customers at the lowest possible cost. We have worked hard to reach this goal. Although the business has become increasingly more complex, our employees continue their efforts and dedicate themselves to the challenge of adapting to customer expectations. As we take on new challenges, we are committed to meeting those challenges with a well-trained and motivated staff that hold our customers as the focal point of all of their efforts.
Ontario’s Fair Hydro Plan
Find information on programs and credits to reduce your bill even more. There is a section for residents and a separate section for businesses.
Find out more here.
This illustration shows how each dollar paid on a Greater Sudbury Hydro bill was distributed in 2017. Note that only 16 cents of each dollar stayed in Sudbury. The other 84% of each dollar was passed through to other agencies.
HST @ 13%, less 8% rebate
Paid to Provincial and Federal governments.
6% REGULATORY CHARGES AND DEBT RETIREMENT
Paid to IESO and Ontario Electricity Finance Corporation.
7% TRANSMISSION CHARGES
Paid to Hydro One.
14% GREATER SUDBURY HYDRO DISTRIBUTION
Greater Sudbury Hydro retains only 14%. Other agencies absorb the remaining 86%.
64% ELECTRICITY AND GLOBAL ADJUSTMENT
Paid to Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO), Hydro One and Ontario Power Generation Inc (OPG)